We value you as a customer and know that the privacy of your personal information is important to you. Our policies for collecting, using, securing and sharing customer information are stated below.
OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our customer information for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect New World customer information.
- We afford our prospective and former customers the same protections as existing customers with respect to the use of personal information.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We collect, use, and share information we need to conduct our business of providing moving and storage services to our customers on a national and international basis.
Types of information we may collect and how we gather it
- Examples of the types of information we may collect from you include, but are not limited to, information you provide to us, such as your shipper's address, telephone number, email address, zip code, country (all at origin and destination), SSN, and passport number (for international relocations). Information about their impending relocation may be collected via a site survey, over the telephone by one of our move coordinators, from a relocation company, corporate relocation department, or directly from the shipper.
- Information may also be obtained from a customer's transactions or experiences with us; such as your payment history and claims records.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use customer information to service our accounts, process claims, ensure proper billing, and to offer you other services and products that may suit your needs.
We share information about our transactions and experiences with you within our New World family of companies and with New World agents and service providers to better serve you and to help meet your current service needs. We may share information about you with persons or organizations inside or outside our family of companies as permitted or required by law.
We may also share customer information with other entities as needed to handle your claims and/or provide the services for which you have contracted.
We do not sell customer information. We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our customer information for their own marketing purposes.
We may share information about you within New World:
- To enhance our service to you.
- To determine the quality of our services to you.
- To measure your satisfaction in our products or services.
- To research, develop, and improve our service model.
- To monitor customer trends.
HOW NEW WORLD PROTECTS CUSTOMER INFORMATION
In order to ensure the safety of customer information, we continually:
- Maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards.
- Review our policies and practices on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor our computer networks.
- Test the strength of our security.
Your personal information is held at New World's corporate headquarters in Chicago, Illinois at:
New World Van Lines, Inc.
5875 North Rogers Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60646
Phone: (773) 685-3399
Fax: (773) 685-9507